Making a Walton Trail!
We'd like to make a fantastic "Walton Trail', allowing local families - and visitors to the area - to really get to know our lovely town! This trail will be available at the Railway Station, local hotels and restaurants and selected businesses.
By the way, have you taken the QUIZ yet to see how much you know about Walton??
Here's the information we have got at the moment, but we'd like to make sure we haven't missed anything - and also make sure this trail has some fun stuff - so if you've got anything you'd like to add, please GET IN TOUCH
If you're a local business and would like to help sponsor the costs of this trail, please GET IN TOUCH
1) Walton Playhouse
2) "The Rosary", Hepworth Grove
3) Aston Martin garage
4) Riverhouse Barn
5) Manor House
6) St Mary's Church
7) New Zealand Hospital Commemorative Plaque
8) Spitfire Pilot Plaque
9) Bird's Eye - Grade II listed building
10) Walton Bridge
11) Cowey Sale
12) New Zealand Hospital site
13) Julie Andrews place of birth
14) Ashley Park - site of filming of The Adventures of Robin Hood
15) Herbert Hoover lived in 'The White House'
16) Swan Hotel - Jerome Kern connection
17) Elm Grove House
18) Admiral Rodney House
19) War memorial
20) Walton Cricket Club - Lumpy Stevens connection &
21) First Baseball Game in the World